"A Child is the greatest Joy, the ultimate Blessing"

~Emily Laughton~

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day and a whole lot more!

What I've been up to lately:

So my life has been pretty hectic lately, simply because I've taken on a boatload of projects to try and bring in a bit of money for the family. I've taken up sewing (which I never thought I would do), and turns out... I love it. I've started making bibs that also work as receiving blankets after feedings, soother clips and just recently baby slings. My next project will be the baby sling with rings.
The Pacifier Clip

The Sling

The Blanket Bib (my newest ones have pockets to hold the soother clips)

I've also gotten into putting my favorite recipes into jars and will be seeing about selling those as well. 
These are oatmeal coconut chocolate butterscotch chip chews, also known as Dad's favorite cookies. 
What Eli has been up to lately:
  
   The night we almost lost a toe: So this happened last week... he had lost his sock while playing and when I went to put a new one on I realized his one toe looked red and swollen and a little odd. On closer examination I noticed his toe had a string or a hair wrapped so tightly around it it was cutting off the circulation. We had to bring him down to emerg (we couldn't get it off it was wound so tight) where they cut the string off and informed us that apparently this is a very common thing and we should always be checking his socks and sleepers. Ummmm... could they not have warned us of this before almost losing his toe?? Well I'm happy to inform you that he is good, his toe is healing perfectly and we are now diligent about checking his clothing, toes and fingers. 

His 4 month visit to the doctor:
  Weight: 12lbs 7oz
   Length: 24 inches
  Milestones: He rolled over! In his crib from his stomach to his back. We were so proud. :o) And tonight for the first time, he at a bowl of rice cereal, we've been mixing it in his bottle for awhile now, but tonight we tried giving it to him as cereal and he loved it! He's getting SOOO big! 
 Favorite Things: Still his bath time and now also watermelon! We let him try a bit the other night and he wouldn't stop eating it, so I went out and bought one of those things were you put fruit in the mesh bag so they can eat it. He loves it! We freeze the watermelon in it, and it's the perfect teething toy. 
The Best invention EVER!
 
His first taste of watermelon! 


He's doing really well and is incredibly Happy and healthy. We couldn't be happier and we can't wait to see how the next few weeks, months and years are going to be! 

My First Mothers day (well technically)
  So on my first official mothers day (I was pregnant last year, although not many new yet) we went to church in the morning where we were served delicious soup and sandwiches by the dads and kids and we were each given roses and candles made by our sunday school kids the day before. It was a beautiful morning and a great way to start the day. I then came home to a bouquet of flowers and a beautiful card. I also got a gorgeous watch, but I opened that before church so I could wear it. We then went to my parents for a bit and came home and had a small bbq with just the 3 of us. Eli went to bed early and Chris and I were able to spend a little time watching a movie ( we don't get to do that too often anymore) and then went to bed. It was a wonderfully quiet day and I couldn't ask for anything more. I love my husband and little man and I'm incredibly blessed to have them in my life.

A Few Pictures
Chillaxin at church while the kids made their crafts

Mothers Day!

Playing in my bouncy chair.

Eating my first bowl of cereal. NOM NOM
Spending Time with my cousin Callie

Loving The Sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment